How to link a Charter email with Outlook account: Are you using a charter communications email account to send and receive emails and also you can’t afford to discard your Outlook email account? In this page, we shall be walking you through on how to configure Spectrum Email on Microsoft Outlook with ease.
A Charter email account is a high-speed Internet account obtained through www.charter.net. Since users can add several email accounts to their Microsoft Outlook, they can send and receive email messages from their Charter Spectrum email account through Outlook with these simple configurations.
How to Link a Charter Email with Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu and select E-mail Accounts…
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
- Choose POP3 as the server type by clicking the radio button and click Next.
- User Information
- Name: Enter the user’s name as it should appear in the “from:” field of outgoing messages.
- Email Address: Enter an email address.
- For example email@example.com
- Server Information
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.charter.net
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.charter.net
- Login Information
- Enter a user name and password for Password.
- User Name: Enter the Full email address
- Password: Enter the password for that email address
- Click More Settings…, then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab and check the box next to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)” under “Incoming Server (POP3).”
- Ensure that Incoming Server is set to 110 and under “Outgoing Server (SMTP),” the default is 25 in the box next to “Outgoing server (SMTP).”
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings… After receiving “Congratulations! All tests completed successfully,” click Close.
- Click Next then click Finish.
The next things we are going to discuss is how to Configure Microsoft Outlook for Charter Spectrum email account. Though this might sound as if it is same with how to link a Charter email with Outlook
How Do I Configure Spectrum Email with Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019
To setup Spectrum email account with Microsoft Outlook manually, follow the steps below
- Open Outlook.
- Select the File tab and then go to the drop-down menu which is given on the left panel.
- In the Info category, select Account Settings > Account Settings in the drop-down list.
- Select the Email tab.
- Select New.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types, and then select Next.
- Select IMAP, and then select Next.
- Under User Information:
- In the Your Name box, enter your full name.
- Enter your Spectrum Email Address.
- Under Server Information:
- Select IMAP.
- Enter your Incoming mail server: mobile.charter.net.
- Enter your Outgoing mail server: mobile.charter.net.
- Under Logon Information:
- In the User Name text box, enter your full email address.
- Enter your email Password.
- If you want Outlook to remember your email account password, select the Remember password check box.
- Select the Require logon by using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box.
- Select Test Account Settings. When you do so:
- The connectivity of the system to the Internet is confirmed.
- You are logged on to the servers.
- A test message is sent. This message explains any changes that Outlook made to the initial setup.
- Select Next, and then select Finish.
RELATED: How to Setup Charter Email on iPhone
We hope the above guideline on How to link a Charter email with Outlook account or to confiugure your Spectrum email with Miscrosoft Outlook was helpful? if yes, use the comment section below to give us your feedback.